Knob Noster State Park offers basic and electric campsites, family campsites, two organized group camps, and special-use camping areas. For a little extra space, try one of the park's family campsites. There are also two backpack camps on McAdoo Trail.
You are now able to reserve your Missouri State Parks campsite up to 12 months in advance, expanding from the previous six-month window. To make a reservation or view campsites details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the "Make a Reservation" link below and start planning your trip today. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). A printable campground map is available for your reference by clicking the "Campground Map" link.
Types of Sites
|April 15-Oct. 31
|April 15-Oct. 31
|Basic, Electric, Family
Campground Amenities (Click here for a guide to the symbols.)
|Backcountry Camping Map
|April 1-Oct. 31.
|Camping Amenities (Click here for a guide to the symbols.)
Important Camping Information:
- The campground will be CLOSED Oct. 1, 2022, through April 15, 2024, due to scheduled upgrades throughout the entire campground.
- Please note that the park does NOT allow convertor devices of any kind that will potentially convert 30 amp to 50 amp. Our sites can only accommodate units that need 30-amp service.
- The campground is fully reservable during the on-season. Reservable sites may be available on a walk-up registration basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow the directions on the posted card or signs.
- During the off-season (November through April 14), potable water is available at the frost-free spigot near Campsite 3.
- Firewood is sold weekdays during office hours.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- The use of generators is prohibited in the campground, unless approved by the park manager. Special consideration will be given for use of generators relating to customer health and safety.
- Camping is limited to any 15 days within a 30-consecutive-day period at any one park or historic site.
Other Types of Camping Areas Available in the Park: