Make Missouri State Parks Your Home Away From Home
Nature waits outside your door when you spend the night in a Missouri state park. Opportunities for hiking, fishing, boating, swimming or many other outdoor activities are just steps away.
Thirteen Missouri state parks offer lodging facilities ranging from modern hotel rooms to rustic Outpost cabins. Rent a cozy cabin for two or one that will accommodate your entire family.
Missouri State Parks with Lodging Facilities
|State Park||Telephone:||Number and Type of Units|
|Sam A. Baker State Park||573-856-4223||18 Cabins|
|Bennett Spring State Park||417-532-4307||3 Cabins
22 Motel Rooms
40 Other Lodging (duplexes, etc.)
|Big Lake State Park||660-442-5432||8 Cabins
12 Motel Rooms
5 Other Lodging (duplexes, etc.)
|Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park||877-422-6766||6 Camper Cabins|
|Lake of the Ozarks State Park||877-422-6766||8 Outpost Cabins
|Lake Wappapello State Park||573-297-3817||8 Cabins
4 Camper Cabins
|Meramec State Park||573-468-6519||11 Cabins
22 Motel Rooms
8 Other Lodging (duplexes, etc.)
|Montauk State Park||573-548-2434||4 Cabins
18 Motel Rooms
24 Other Lodging (duplexes, etc.)
|Roaring River State Park||417-847-2330||10 Cabins
26 Motel Rooms
16 Other Lodging (duplexes, etc.)
|Stockton State Park||417-276-5329||5 Camper Cabins
9 Other Lodging (duplexes, etc.)
|Thousand Hills State Park||660-665-7119||14 Other Lodging (duplexes, etc.)|
|Mark Twain State Park||877-422-6766||6 Camper Cabins|
|Washington State Park||636-586-2995||11 Cabins|
General Lodging Information
- Smoking is not allowed inside any lodging unit.
- All 13 parks offer lodging facilities that are accessible to people with disabilities.
- Pricing varies by park. Major credit cards are accepted at all facilities. A major credit card is required to check in for incidentals and as a damage deposit. Please check with each facility about their specific lodging policies.
- Lodging is available seasonally at most parks, while a few offer accommodations year-round.
- A two- or three-night minimum stay may apply.
- Pets, other than service dogs used by persons with disabilities, are not allowed in state park buildings. Dogs are allowed in certain lodging units included in the new Cabins for Canines program. Detailed information can be found through the link in the upper right of this page.
- Guests must be 18 years of age to make a reservation.
- For safety reasons, all lodging units have occupancy limits that are strictly enforced.
Cabin sizes and amenities vary at each park. Some cabins include a kitchen area with cookware and utensils provided. Linens are sometimes also provided. Some cabins also offer additional amenities, which vary by park. Most have an outdoor picnic table and grill.
The Outpost cabins at Lake of the Ozarks State Park are in a secluded setting and do not have water. A centralized showerhouse is available year-round. Each cabin sleeps six (no linens) and has a table, a wood-burning stove, electricity, heating, air conditioning, a picnic table and a grill.
Camper cabins are located in the campground at four state parks. The camper cabins have electricity and feature air conditioning and heat. They accommodate up to four adults and two children/youth. Guests must bring their own bedding. All camper cabins offer an outdoor picnic table and grill. There is no water available in the camper cabins, but guests have access to the campground showerhouse, open seasonally from April through October. A vault toilet is available from November through March. Year-round restroom facilities are available at Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park.
Typically a duplex-type unit, they vary in size but most have a kitchenette and living room area. Some feature connecting rooms. Amenities vary by park.
Room amenities vary by park.
The yurt at Lake of the Ozarks State Park has a circular structure with a fabric cover, much like a tent, and a wood frame making it strong and weathertight. A log futon and futon bunk bed sleep five with a maximum occupancy of six. The yurt includes heat and electricity. Linens are not provided. A picnic table, pedestal grill and fire ring are provided. Guests have access to the campground showerhouse, open seasonally from April through October. A vault toilet is available from November through March.