Recreational Trail Program Grants
In Missouri, RTP grants are open to local and state governments, school districts and nonprofit organizations. Missouri receives between $1 million and $1.5 million per fiscal year. The maximum amount awarded is $250,000 for trail projects. Sponsors must have a minimum 20% match. Projects must be open to the public.
Eligible Projects include:
- Restoration of existing recreational trails.
- Development and rehabilitation of trailside and trailhead facilities and trail linkages for recreational trails.
- Construction of new recreational trails (with restrictions for new trails on Federal lands).
- Acquisition of easements and property for recreational trails or recreational trail corridors.
- Assessment of trail conditions for accessibility and maintenance.
Grant selection process
The 2023 RTP grant is currently closed. The 2024 RTP grant round will open in December 2023. The new application and Open Project Selection Process will be posted when the grant round opens.
Grant Application Workshops:
The 2023 RTP Application Workshop has been recorded and be accessed by clicking here.
Past Administration Guides
Past Grant Recipients
Sign requirements include posting a sign near your trail project entrance. Signs can be ordered by calling Missouri Vocational Enterprises at 573-751-6663 or 800-392-8486.