Have you ever wanted to try kayaking but didn't know where to begin? Do you want to get out on the water but don't have your own kayak? You're in luck! Missouri State Parks is offering to teach you how to paddle and have a safe enjoyable time on the water.
For six Saturdays in July and August, staff will be offering free kayaking instruction at select Missouri state parks. This will be a great opportunity to try something new and experience some of Missouri's lakes. We'll supply the equipment and the expertise. You supply the enthusiasm and an eagerness to discover nature and a new skill.
Learn2 Paddle Program Details
Missouri State Parks Provides:
- Life Jackets
- A good attitude and willingness to learn
- Appropriate swimwear and footwear
Things to Consider Before You Register
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (Parent/guardian does not have to participate but must be there to provide adult supervision.)
- Participants should be comfortable around water.
- This event will be held in a Missouri state park and all rules and regulations apply.
- This is a family-oriented event. Alcohol and tobacco products are not allowed while participating in the Learn2 Paddle Program.
Dates and Locations
The Learn2 Paddle Program will be held on the following dates and locations:
July 13 - Lake Wappapello State Park, Williamsville
July 20 - Crowder State Park, Trenton (All classes are full.)
July 20 - Wakonda State Park, La Grange (All classes are full.)
July 27 - Cuivre River State Park, Troy (All classes are full.)
August 3 - Watkins Mill State Park, Lawson (All classes are full.)
August 10 - Stockton State Park, Dadeville (All classes are full.)
August 10 - Wakonda State Park, La Grange (10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 2-4 p.m. classes are full.)
August 17 - Finger Lakes State Park, Columbia (All classes are full.)
Each state park will have three two-hour classes available. Class times are as follows: 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.; 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; and 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
Reserve Your Spot
The classes are free but registration is required. All slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to register.
You will receive a confirmation email by July 3 with additional information and the time slot that you have been selected to attend.