Have you ever wanted to try kayaking but didn't know where to begin? Do you want to get out on the water but don't have your own kayak? You're in luck! Missouri State Parks is offering to teach you how to paddle and have a safe enjoyable time on the water.
For six Saturdays in July and August, staff will be offering free kayaking instruction at select Missouri state parks. This will be a great opportunity to try something new and experience some of Missouri's lakes. We'll supply the equipment and the expertise. You supply the enthusiasm and an eagerness to discover nature and a new skill.
Learn2 Paddle Program Details
Missouri State Parks Provides:
- Life Jackets
- A good attitude and willingness to learn
- Appropriate swimwear and footwear
Things to Consider Before You Register
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (Parent/guardian does not have to participate but must be there to provide adult supervision.)
- Participants should be comfortable around water.
- This event will be held in a Missouri state park and all rules and regulations apply.
- This is a family-oriented event. Alcohol and tobacco products are not allowed while participating in the Learn2 Paddle Program.
2014 Dates and Locations
|July 12||Cuivre River State Park, Troy - FULL|
|July 12||Wakonda State Park, La Grange|
|July 19||Mark Twain State Park, Florida|
|July 26||Pomme de Terre State Park, Pittsburg|
|Aug. 2||Long Branch State Park, Macon|
|Aug. 9||Knob Noster State Park, Knob Noster|
|Aug. 9||Wakonda State Park, La Grange|
|Aug. 16||Stockton State Park, Dadeville|
|Aug. 16||Finger Lakes State Park, Columbia - FULL|
The classes are free but registration is required. All slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.