2005 Trivia Questions
Day 1 - June 20, 2005 - Clinton to
- What is a lek?
- It is a mating area (booming ground) for prairie chickens.
- Where was the Maple Leaf Club located?
- Sedalia (Scott Joplin named the Maple Leaf Rag after it.)
- What was the dominant American Indian tribe in this area?
- What industry dominated Henry County, especially around Lewis?
- Which trailhead town was called “Jugtown,” and why?
- Calhoun, because of the pottery factories
- What is the highest point on the Katy Trail?
Day 2 - June 21, 2005 - Pilot Grove
- What is the name of the line of bluffs between Rocheport and
- Which two people have been the most important financial supporters
of Katy Trail State Park?
- What was the name of the river port that connected Columbia to the
Missouri River via a plank road?
- Providence Was it considered a success? No
- What is the name of the hill that descends into Boonville?
Day 3 - June 22, 2005 - Hartsburg to
- Name the years of three major Missouri River floods marked on
- 1903, 1923, 1935, 1943, 1944, 1947, 1993
- Who painted “A Social History of Missouri” in the Missouri State
- What is the meaning of Cote Sans Dessein?
- Hill without design/purpose (located nine miles east of North Jefferson)
- What was the flood peak in 1993 in Jefferson City?
Day 4 - June 23, 2005 - Hermann to
- What was the name of the final Euro-American outpost the Lewis and
Clark expedition stopped at in 1804?
- La Charrette (near present-day Marthasville)
- Where are Daniel and Rebecca Boone now buried?
- How many men started the Lewis and Clark expedition after final
recruitment in St. Charles?
Day 5 - June 24, 2005 - Augusta to
- Did Lewis and Clark meet Daniel Boone?
- No, though the expedition stopped at Boone Settlement.
- What was the first name of St. Charles?
- Les Petites Cotes (Little Hills)
- Which St. Charles company produced railroad cars?
- American Car & Foundry (AC&F)
- Where was Missouri’s first state capital, and when?