Big Soldier Lake is named for a Little Osage chief, who negotiated with government agent George Sibley at the Arrow Rock bluff in 1813. Originally built as a shallow stock pond in 1930, the impoundment was renovated and deepened (18 feet at the dam) in 1989. In 1995, a fishing access for persons with disabilities and small parking lot was constructed with funds from the parks, soils and water sales tax.
The four-acre lake is stocked and managed by the Missouri Department of Conservation in cooperation with the Department of Natural Resources. All state fishing license requirements apply. Consult the State Wildlife Code for license requirements. There are no license vendors in Arrow Rock; the closest being in Marshall or Boonville.
Pole and line fishing only with a maximum of three poles per person. Trot lines, jug lines and set lines are prohibited.
|Daily Limit||Length Limit|