This symbol indicates that the specified area is fully compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG).
The park office provides one handicap parking space with a paved pathway to the entrance. The interior has plenty of room for maneuverability. An exterior information board is available for when the office is closed.
Paved, level parking provides two handicap spaces with a pathway to an accessible picnic site. The shady site offers a water fountain, an extended-end table and a pedestal grill with a paved pathway to the accessible playground.
A second accessible picnic site is located next to an information kiosk. It is a sunnier site and provides a handicap parking space, an extended-end table and a pedestal grill.
The restroom in this area is not modified. The closest accessible restroom is in the campground.
The shelter house provides one handicap parking space with a paved pathway, a water fountain, extended-end tables, lights, electric outlets, a group grill and a fireplace. It accommodates up to 90 people. An accessible vault toilet is located in a lower parking lot to the south of the shelter house.
- Three electric sites are accessible and provide an extended-end table, fire ring, lantern post and pedestal grill. Paved water hydrants are conveniently located nearby.
- The play structures in the campground are on sand and not modified for accessibility.
- The showerhouse offers level parking with paved pathways, a roll-in shower and a side-transfer toilet for each gender. Lavatory handles are round. Lowered mirrors and electric hand dryers are also provided.
- The woodlot has drive-up convenience with the hours of operation posted.
- The dump station is not modified for accessibility at this time.
For more information, contact the park:
Lewis and Clark State Park
801 Lake Crest Blvd.
Rushville, MO 64484-9558
Last updated: July 2023