Many picnic sites are scattered throughout the day-use area. Each site consists of a picnic table and pedestal charcoal grill. Gathering firewood in the park and burning trash in the grill are both prohibited. All picnic sites are available first-come, first-served.
Equestrian picnic sites are available at the equestrian staging area. Equestrian sites have a picnic table, pedestal charcoal grill and hitching post.
If you need a place for a family or company picnic, rent one of two picnic shelters.
- Shelter 1 can accommodate 75 people and has two 3’x3’ barbecue grills.
- Shelter 2 can accommodate 50 people and has one 3’x3’ barbecue grill.
On-Season Services (April-October):
- Flush restroom and water fountain available near each shelter.
- Dumpster available near each shelter.
- Volleyball net available at Shelter 2.
Off-Season Services (November-March):
- Flush restrooms and water fountain are closed for the off-season. Vault toilet available year-round at the Lone Wolf Trailhead parking lot.
- Dumpsters are pulled from service at each shelter in the off-season. Please dispose of trash in dumpsters provided at the Lone Wolf Trailhead parking lot, or near the train trestle bridge.
- Volleyball net at Shelter 2 is taken down for off-season.
The shelter reservation fee is $100 per day for each shelter. The reservation time frame is from 9 a.m. until park closing on the reserved day. If not reserved, the shelters are available for no charge on a first-come, first-served basis.
On-Season Reservation Availability (April-October):
- Reservations are available Monday through Friday during the on-season, with the exception of Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.
- Shelters 1 and 2 are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis on Saturdays and Sundays (including Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day) during the on-season.
Off-Season Reservation Availability (November-March):
- Reservations are available seven days a week.
Staff begin accepting shelter reservations the first business day of each calendar year. To reserve a shelter, visit our reservation page, or contact the park to check for availability by calling 636-227-4433.
To keep the kids entertained, there is a playground conveniently located in the middle of the field between the two picnic shelters.