9/15/2023 to 9/17/2023 | Crowder State Park | Trenton, MO
Make your reservations now for the 2023 Dutch Oven Cooking Contest Weekend!! Register for the contest by 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023, by sending the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org: your name and campsite number, whether you are a youth or an adult entrant, and the categories that you wish to enter (main meal, chili or soup, dessert, sides, or bread).
Friday, Sept. 15
- 3 p.m. – Check in to your reserved campsite! Dust off your Dutch oven and check your supplies for your favorite Dutch oven recipes!
- 8 p.m. – Nature Movie – Join staff at the campground amphitheater for a fun movie!
Saturday, Sept. 16 – Walk around the campground! See and smell what everyone else is making!
- 8 a.m. – Nature Walk – Meet park staff at the campground amphitheater to begin a 2-mile guided hike on Redbud Trail.
- 11 a.m. – Nature's Bounty – Join park staff at the campground amphitheater to learn about wild edibles and medicinal uses for plants found in Missouri.
- 4-6 p.m. – Campground-Wide Potluck and Campfire Cooking Demonstration – Bring your Dutch ovens to Site 16 for judging and to share with your fellow campers! Park staff will prepare their favorite dishes to share! Trade hints and recipes with everyone.
- 6 p.m. – Winners will be announced at Site 16!
Sunday, Sept. 17
- Pack up and head home with new recipes to try at your next campout!!
Crowder State Park is located at:
- Interpretive Programs