Missouri State Parks campgrounds are open with a number of social distancing measures in place to improve the safety of operations for Missouri State Parks’ guests and staff. For more information, view our full release here.
St. Francois State Park offers basic and electric campsites and a special-use camping area. For a little extra space, try one of the park's family campsites. There is a backpack camp for hikers on the Pike Run Trail.
You are now able to reserve your Missouri State Parks campsite up to 12 months in advance, expanding from the previous six-month window. Reservations are required before arriving to the campground, and can be made up until 7 p.m. CST the day before your arrival. To make a reservation or view campsites details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the "Make a Reservation" link below and start planning your trip today. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). A printable campground map is available for your reference by clicking the "Campground Map" link.
Types of Sites
||Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||Year-round||Basic, Electric, Family|
Click here for a guide to the symbols.
Important Camping Information:
- The campground is fully reservable. Reservable sites may be available to first-come, first-served users on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow the directions on the posted card.
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- Water is not available in the park during the off-season (November through March).
- All campers must have an immediate means of motorized transportation in case of evacuation due to flooding. Campers participating in long-distance bicycle tours traveling without support are exempt.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
Park Gate Information
Park gates close at 10 p.m. during the on-season and 6 p.m. during the off-season. Campers need to be sure to arrive prior to gate closure time.
Other Types of Camping Areas Available in the Park: