Missouri State Parks campgrounds are open with a number of social distancing measures in place to improve the safety of operations for Missouri State Parks’ guests and staff. For more information, view our full release here.
Hawn State Park offers basic, electric and walk-in campsites. The park also has a special-use camping area.
You are now able to reserve your Missouri State Parks campsite up to 12 months in advance, expanding from the previous six-month window. Reservations are required before arriving to the campground, and can be made up until 7 p.m. CST the day before your arrival. To make a reservation or view campsites details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the "Make a Reservation" link below and start planning your trip today. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). A printable campground map is available for your reference by clicking the "Campground Map" link.
Types of Sites
||Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||March 1-Nov. 30||Basic, Electric*, Walk-in|
Click here for a guide to the symbols.
* Premium Electric sites available
Important Camping Information:
- Reservable sites may be available on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow the directions on the posted card.
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- During the off-season, potable water is available at the frost-free water spigot located behind campsite 41.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- Hawn State Park requires a permit to camp overnight while backpacking in the park, starting March 1, 2020. Overnight backpackers will have a choice of one of 10 backpack campsites. The maximum number of people allowed per campsite is seven. Hawn State Park previously had only three designated backpack campsites but allowed off-trail camping in the park. Backpack camping outside of the 10 designated campsites will no longer be allowed. Permit holders must follow the Seven Principles of Leave No Trace:
- Plan ahead and prepare
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces
- Dispose of waste properly
- Leave what you find
- Minimize campfire impacts
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors
If you are interested in obtaining a permit to camp in a backpack campsite, call Hawn State Park at 573-883-3603 or email the park at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee involved in obtaining a permit to camp in the backcountry at Hawn.
Park Gate Information
Park gates close at 9 p.m. during the on-season and at sunset during the off-season. Campers need to be sure to arrive prior to gate closure time.