Put on your waders and cast your line for trout! The spring branch is stocked daily during the regular fishing season, which is March 1 through Oct. 31. Daily permits are required to fish on the spring branch and zones are set aside for different kinds of lures. Permits are available at the park store. For more information, call 417-532-4307 or visit the concessionaire's website.
For more information on fishing permits, seasons, regulations and a current fishing report, click on the links to the right. The fishing report for Bennett Spring State Park will be under Trout Areas and Southwest Region: Rivers: Big Niangua. Both links are provided by the Missouri Department of Conservation.
Trout Fishing Regulations
From the hatchery dam upstream to the end of the area. Only flies are permitted.
From the hatchery dam to the whistle bridge. Only flies and artificial lures are permitted.
From the whistle bridge to the Niangua River. Only soft plastic bait (unscented), natural and scented bait are permitted. All flies and artificial lures are prohibited, even if natural bait or scent has been added.
Zone areas are marked in the park and maps are also available.
Trout Fishing Hours
|March||6:30 a.m.*/7:30 a.m.**||6 p.m.*/7 p.m.**|
|April||7 a.m.||7:30 p.m.|
|May||6:30 a.m.||8:15 p.m.|
|June and July||6:30 a.m.||8:30 p.m.|
|August||7 a.m.||8 p.m.|
|September||7:30 a.m.||7:15 p.m.|
|October||7:30 a.m.||6:30 p.m.|
* Central Standard Time
** Central Daylight Time
|Catch-and-Release Season||Beginning Time||Ending Time|
2nd Friday in Nov. through the 2nd Monday in February
(Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday only)
|8 a.m.||4 p.m.|
For additional information, please call 417-532-4418 or 417-532-7612.
- Trout fishing is permitted in accordance with the state wildlife code and posted restrictions daily from March 1 through Oct. 31, and during the winter catch-and-release season from the second Friday in November to the second Monday in February on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday only.
- Each angler shall display a daily trout tag purchased on the area and bearing his or her signature.
- Each angler shall have a state fishing permit except those 15 years and younger or Missouri residents 65 years and older.
- Each angler shall keep their trout separate at all times and identified with their name and address.
- Daily limit is four, only one of which may be a brown trout equal to or greater than 15". No length limit on rainbow trout. Possession limit is eight trout.
- Only a single pole or rod may be used. Gigging, snaring or snagging is NOT permitted.
- No person shall continue to fish for any species in these trout waters after having four trout in possession.
- The use of game fish or parts thereof for bait is prohibited; chumming is not permitted.
- No trout may be possessed in the catch-and-release area.