Missouri State Parks campgrounds are open with a number of social distancing measures in place to improve the safety of operations for Missouri State Parks’ guests and staff. For more information, view our full release here.
Watkins Mill has 96 campsites, 74 with electric hookups. For a little extra space, try one of the park's family campsites. Five sites (three electric and two basic) are accessible for campers with disabilities. The park also has a special-use camping area.
You are now able to reserve your Missouri State Parks campsite up to 12 months in advance, expanding from the previous six-month window. Reservations are required before arriving to the campground, and can be made up until 7 p.m. CST the day before your arrival. To make a reservation or view campsites details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the "Make a Reservation" link below and start planning your trip today. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). A printable campground map is available for your reference by clicking the "Campground Map" link.
Types of Sites
||Campsites 1-34, 98-99:
April 1-Oct. 31
|April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31**||Basic, Electric*, Family*|
* Premium Electric sites available
**Campsites 1-6, 24-34, 98-99 are reservable year round.
Click here for a guide to the symbols.
Important Camping Information:
- The campground is fully reservable during the on-season. A small portion of sites are reservable year-round. Reservable sites may be available to first-come, first-served users on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved.
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- Parking pads vary in length from 38 feet to 80 feet, with the electric sites having the longer pads.
- A woodlot is open in the evening during the on-season for campers to purchase wood. During the off-season, the fee collector will sell wood upon request.
- Showers, the dump station and laundry are not available during the off-season (November-March).
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- Parking of watercraft or all-terrain vehicle (ATV) trailers off of the campsite pad (usually in the grass) is permitted at this facility.
- During the off-season (November-March), potable water is available from the fresh water fill hydrant across from the dump station.
Campground Gate Information
Temporary Campground Gate Hours have changed to close at 9 p.m. through June 30, 2020. The campground gate closes at 10 p.m. during the on-season and at 8 p.m. during the off-season. Campers need to be sure to arrive prior to gate closure time.