Paddle and Trail Run
Sept. 16, 2023
Check-in: 8:30 a.m.
Start: 9 a.m.
Finger Lakes State Park, Columbia
Registration: Click here to register.
Results: A link to the results will be posted here when available.
Join us for the 2023 Finger Lakes Adventure Challenge, where your first challenge will be to canoe or kayak the water course in Peabody Lake. You will get into your boat for a 5K paddle on the water trail that winds through the length of the park. Return back to the start and take off on foot for a 5K run on Kelley Branch Mountain Bike Trail with the new added trail section. The trail will lead you through the wetlands of Kelley Branch Creek, along the ridges and pits of the reclaimed strip mine, and then back to the finish line. Challenge yourself to compete in both sections of the event or take part in just one.
Chip timing will be collected for those who complete both section of the race. All finishers will receive a participant medal. Grand prizes will be awarded to the top male and top female who complete both sections.
Twenty sit-on-top kayaks will be available for rent for $25 paid the day of the event. Make your boat reservation by calling the park office at 573-443-5315 between Aug. 21 and Sept. 7, or bring you own canoe or kayak to compete in. Tandem boat users will not be eligible for prizes.
- Advance registration is $35, and event day registration is $40. Registration is required.
- Entry fee includes a T-shirt for registrations received before Aug. 25.
- Finisher medals will be awarded at the conclusion of the race.
- Cancellations: Races are held rain or shine. Missouri State Parks reserves the right to postpone or cancel the race in the event of dangerous weather. In the event of a cancellation, there will be no refunds.
- Refunds are not available. All proceeds benefit Missouri State Parks.